In the summer of 2011 my mom fell and broke her wrist. Not long after that she started limping while she walked. It was originally diagnosed as a pinched nerve in her back. No amount of physical therapy offered any change. Her limp just got worse. In May of 2012 we received the devastating news that she had ALS. This forced her to retire. A year later she can hardly walk, and can hardly talk. ALS is a horrible disease. This blog is just a way for me to vent.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
I Cry. A lot.
I cry. A lot. Every day just about. Always in the quiet of my privacy. As CS Lewis said, "No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear." There will always be life before ALS and life with ALS. I'd gladly go back to some of my darkest days before ALS and live in those days forever if it meant my mom never had to know a second of what this wretched disease is like. I yearn for her always. Her laugh. Her fussing. Her wisdom. Her voice. I cry. A lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment