In the summer of 2011 my mom fell and broke her wrist. Not long after that she started limping while she walked. It was originally diagnosed as a pinched nerve in her back. No amount of physical therapy offered any change. Her limp just got worse. In May of 2012 we received the devastating news that she had ALS. This forced her to retire. A year later she can hardly walk, and can hardly talk. ALS is a horrible disease. This blog is just a way for me to vent.
Sunday, April 5, 2015
Don't Know How to Daughter
My mom loved going to church. She was dedicated and faithful in her attendance. While my faith is weak, hers has remained strong. Now she has to watch service from home. This morning we watched service together. Staring at the TV I'm looking at all the Easter lilies scattered beautifully around the alter, and it hits me that I really don't know how to daughter. I should've had an Easter lily on the alter in her honor. I didn't even think about doing so until I watched the service. I so wish I were like my mom. She would've had lilies for me if the situation were reverse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment