In the summer of 2011 my mom fell and broke her wrist. Not long after that she started limping while she walked. It was originally diagnosed as a pinched nerve in her back. No amount of physical therapy offered any change. Her limp just got worse. In May of 2012 we received the devastating news that she had ALS. This forced her to retire. A year later she can hardly walk, and can hardly talk. ALS is a horrible disease. This blog is just a way for me to vent.
Monday, June 8, 2015
I Wish
I wish I could hear her voice. I wish she could hug me. I wish she could watch my kids grow up beyond the walls of her bedroom. I wish this pain would stop. I wish she didn't know the evil trapped in her body. I wish it were me and not her.
Labels:
als
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment