In the summer of 2011 my mom fell and broke her wrist. Not long after that she started limping while she walked. It was originally diagnosed as a pinched nerve in her back. No amount of physical therapy offered any change. Her limp just got worse. In May of 2012 we received the devastating news that she had ALS. This forced her to retire. A year later she can hardly walk, and can hardly talk. ALS is a horrible disease. This blog is just a way for me to vent.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Mind is Racing
1:22 am and I can't sleep. My mind is racing wishing I had answers for how to take care of my mom. With ALS her mind is still fully in tact so we want her to make the decisions. Right now though all of us, her included, are researching the options. It's all so confusing and uncertain. Money is an issue. Medicare is an issue. Insurance is an issue. Time is an issue. Our availability is an issue. I wish I could turn my mind off at night and sleep, but as soon as I start to think that I feel guilty. At least I can get up on my own free will and go do something. If I get up to go to the bathroom I might fall thanks to a Lego on the floor but not because my legs aren't getting the message to MOVE! I try turning to God but I never know what to say. I'm not faithful so I don't feel deserving of His time and attention. My mom is however and that's when I get angry. Why her and not me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment